Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Miracle Theater

This miracle was built in 1949 as a movie theater (the third one in Coral Gables). We lost some beautiful architecture when the first two were torn down 15 to 20 years ago. When the Miracle closed as a movie theater a local thespian group took over. It is now a professional theatre called the Actors’ Playhouse.

A week ago a DP blog had a wikipedia link to their city. After seeing how the wikipedia handled that city I looked up Coral Gables. It was a nice surprise. But I was blown away when I saw the page of 'places of interest'. Of the seven pictures, I had posted six of them in the first two months of my blog, and here is the seventh picture.

Come to think of it maybe I might add the Merrick statue to the group of seven, but I wouldn't do it for profit and I do hope people have a sense of humor.

LinkLink